Everyone always thinks a rehearsal dinner has to be a semi-formal sit-down the night before the wedding including just the wedding party and family. Well, I am here to tell you that is not the only option you have! The rehearsal dinner is the last night before the big day; why not make that a night to remember as well? There are plenty of ways to celebrate your wedding eve besides sitting everyone down at a long table for a meal after the wedding day run through is done. You can plan fun activities, eat unique foods or even play games that allow you to interact with everyone invited to the rehearsal. As for the guest list- open it up to whomever you want, it doesn’t need to be just wedding party and family, feel free to invite your best friends to celebrate with you! The point is, gone are the days where everything has to be done by the book, your rehearsal dinner can be as relaxed or as formal as you desire. Here are a few unique rehearsal dinner ideas to start the fun the night before your wedding.
#1 Brewery or Distillery Tour
- If you are looking for something fun to do after a mid day rehearsal, why not plan a Brewery or Distillery tour? New breweries and distilleries are popping up all over town and can be a fun place to interact with friends and family. Most of these places, depending on the size of your party, offer private tours in addition to their group tours. A lot of breweries now also have small menus or work with local food trucks to keep their tour groups well fed. One thing to note, however, is that some of the breweries will be strictly for a 21+ crowd. Make sure to call around to your favorite place and see what they can do for you!
Photo from https://mkebrewing.com
#2 Backyard BBQ
- This is the perfect budget friendly idea for anyone that loves a good backyard party. All you need are some tables and chairs, a few cute decorations, some twinkling string lights or a cozy bonfire. You can cater in from your favorite local BBQ joint or have someone man the grill for the night. Keep the menu simple, set up some lawn games, and hit repeat on that epic playlist because this party will host itself.
Photo from https://www.facebook.com/SmokeShackMKE
#3 Taco/ Nacho Party
- Who doesn’t love tacos and nachos? This is another fun one that is very budget friendly. Book a room at your favorite bar, patio spot, or have people over at your house. You can cater in from your local taqueria or plan ahead of time and have crock pots ready with meat and beans with all your favorite toppings set up on the side! Throw in a a piñata for some extra fun and then sit back and enjoy the margaritas.
Photo from https://www.facebook.com/belaircantina/
#4 Pizza Party and Arcades
- Growing up, everyone was always excited when they were invited to a birthday party at the local arcade. Adult arcades (aka: Barcade) are rapidly regaining popularity and allowing us to relive our childhoods by playing Pac-Man and Skee Ball- but now we can enjoy these classic games with cocktails in hand! After you finish your rehearsal, gather your friends and family at the local barcade, order up some pizzas and enjoy a night full of games and laughs. There is no better way to decompress the night before your wedding than by getting a TKO playing Mortal Kombat! Check with the location you choose to see if there are certain hours that are not just for the over 21 crowd. No barcade in your town? Hit up your local bowling alley.
Photo from https://www.updownarcadebar.com/milwaukee/
#5 Wine Tasting
- Want to do something a little more classy? Have your guests dress to the nines or keep it casual, it’s your night. Book a spot at your local vineyard, winery or wine bar and work with a sommelier. They’ll teach you everything you need to know about the different wines you are tasting and how to best pair them with delicious cheeses, meats, and chocolates!
Photo from https://www.blacksheepmke.com/wine/